ad

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Magic: The Gathering

Today after almost crying for few hours I decided to leave for Prague and play some Magic. There was an All Common tournament at Outpost so I said why not play and see what is being played. I build a deck out of cards I had on me (so it looked like blightning, incinerate, terminate, hackblade, putrid leech...). I came there to end up last but hoped that I would manage to stand a chance at least a bit so I would see what other players were playing. I managed that. ^_^. In the first round I encountered Stepan with his Faeries^_^ I won the first game somehow.
The second game we both sided but surely for the faeries it was much better. 3/1 rogues were faster than my creatures and I did not have enough terminates/incinerates in my hand to handle them. My opponent also played Call to heel on his own faerie killing my attacking creature and drawing a card. It brought smile to our faces when considering the fact that damages won't go on stack in less then few weeks. But inside my heart it felt completely different. It was a nice memorable moment in the game though. I lost the other two games.

After that I was killed by Stepan's Naya Aggro played by Squop. Wasn't really fun but it showed me that Naya can be fast, hehe. My draw was really bad, Squop managed to get a good draw and killed me much faster than I expected.

After that I was more enraged than anything so I don't really remember anything, I planned to drop but I continued in the tournament nonetheless. I lost everything. Someone showed me that protection from green and red is a good way how to rend my deck helpless^_^ even though I was trying to defend myself and was actually managing that for quite some time. I made few silly mistakes that could actually have a serious impact on the game but I just didn't care about that. I don't know what was wrong with me I had two solutions to the problem even and did not bother playing either one....hmph?

After the tournament I calmed down a bit and was signed up (I wasn't really sure if I want to play, but now I thank Raptor for signing me up and Squop for buying me the boosters) for Alara block draft. My deck consisted of the following.

Relic of Progenitus
2x Esper Cormorans
Glassdust hulk
Fieldmist and whatever other borderpost
Sludge Strider
3x Crystallization (last 4 cards were 3x Crystallization, Grizzly Lotau)
2x Parasitic Strix
Esperzoa (I chose this over Sledgehammer, thought I would regret it later, but I did not play against the player who took it)
Jhessian Zombies and that WU Defender (mana fixing! ^_~)
Faerie Mechanist
2x Architects of will
Windwright mage
3x Ethersworn Shieldmage (+esperzoa? = lovely)
Angel Song
Etherium Sculptor

First match was against a domain deck played by Raptor. He showed me quite soon his Fusion Elemental and in the meantime he was provoking me with his portal lands. I played my first crystallization on fusion elemental. He devoured this creature later though. Behemoth's Sledgehammer (or how it is called I mean the +2/+2 lifelink, trample artifact) ended up on the table and I had really no idea what to do with it. After this I let him create 8 saprolings which were later devoured by some BIG wurm. I did not survive this even though I surely could. But for that I would need to use my brain. My state of being completely depressed and chaotic continued. I even managed to play a card I couldn't legally play^_^ (I usually tap in a way that is wrong for me but this?? ugh...). I lost the other match as well. Lord Malfaegor (spelling?) decided the second game as I was forced to sacrifice all my creatures... *sniff* *sniff* (I met another Malfaegor in the second round)

In my second round I encountered some naya or jund deck. At first I thought I would lose the game as my opening hand looked like this: Crystallization, Crystallization, 3 lands, Borderpost. First creature on the table was Rip Clan Crasher so I decided to use the enchantment on him in my next round. I was afraid that I would later regret this as I was expecting bigger creatures than this. Putrid leech followed but same fate awaited him. I managed to draw some creatures later in the game too even though I really had a mana flood in this match (I got like 6 lands in a row...).

I won the second match somehow too (my flying creatures were hopefully dealing more damage than those of my opponent that were running on the ground hehe).

Third round I again played against Stepan. He drafted some green/red stuff but I did not manage to see what he planned with the deck. Two situations in which he surely wanted to kill me happened.

The first one...

I attacked with all my creatures on the table and attacked, he played Volcanic fallout in defense to get rid of my attackers. Too bad I had another Ethersworn Shieldmage in my hand. (opponent had 8 lives, my creatures would deal 6 damage if one would be blocked - volcanic fallout though made 2 dmg and the six damage was still dealt => game over)

In the second game I had 1 life. My opponent as well. He had the bant infiltrator on the table for some time and I counted that he would kill me in his next round. I thought that everything is lost and considered giving up but still for some reason I drew the last card, looked at it, in a second (a very long time)I realized that the card could actually save me and let me win the game. The drawn card was crystallization^_^. I enchanted the infiltrator and won the second game as well. Best top deck ever.

Well that's about it^_^. I came 3rd and got my hands on Master of Etherium^_^.

When I came back I found that one of my cats decided to taste my Master Transmuter...
RIP Master Mransmuter...
Also my Mulldrifter I left here on my keyboard (actually I left it on my monitor but it fell down) ended up erm...trampled?
I don't care about all the other cards on the table... most of them survived anyway. One thing is good. The cat I could not actually find was actually in my room so it was good that I did not close the door. But on the otherhand...other cats had access to my Magic the gathering mess on my table^_^.

Now it's time to sleep ... it's already the morning...and I can't still imagine how I'm going to finish my Logotypes assignment today...

*sniff*

3 comments:

  1. jen technická, nehrál jsem Nayu ale bezduché RG aggro :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. rip-clan crasher (clasher?) - attack, lash out, clash, hackblade + crasher - attack, lash out clash, "ouch"

    .... ok seems like RG^_^ ....

    az na toho desnyho naya hushbladea, ktera se me rozhodla zabit!

    ReplyDelete