ad

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Setting up goals...

After another period in which I was feeling down and couldn't really do anything...and thought that I can't achieve anything I decided to play a bit of Beatmania IIDX. It wasn't a good idea. After tidying up a bit the mess in my room so I could actually have a place for my Real Edition I set everything up and clicked on Run BM2DX.exe.

My antivirus program decided (*facepalm* I should restart my computer...) not to run IIDX because of two files being recognized as viruses. So I closed the antivirus, copied libavs library and ran the game once again. It booted.

I picked some song and played it.

(for those not familiar with IIDX grading. There are grades ranging from F (Failed) to AAA. If you finish a song with being in the red zone above 80% of life bar you cleared the song You start at 20% health. I cleared the song without problems but I got a grade with which most people just fail the song. The graph shows that I missed about 2 notes and otherwise I confirmed all of them...This means that my accuracy was pretty bad - or that my machine is offsync and I did not realize it.

This is how it ended up. How encouraging. Am I the only one able of such graphs and grades? So I decided to play something easier, something I could AAA. I set my goal....Grade = A. I actually thought I would score higher....I was mistaken. The game once again showed me that I was wrong. ^_^

So for the upcoming day I decided to at least finish my set of altered Ponders, start working on Brainstorms, prepare and send all orders and get some sleep. That was my A grade. I managed all but not during the day and I slept for 6 hours that night (that was actually an achievement^^.) Wasn't much, but I managed to do everything I decided to do. Setting this as a goal worked better than...reminding myself ...hell you need to do this and that...^^

No comments:

Post a Comment