ad

Friday, June 17, 2011

DotP first experiece + Frost Titan redemption


When you buy DotP this is what you get - foil Frost Titan (if you get the PC version). There's also invitation to Magic Celebration that will take place in your local store on 10th of September. Come, participate, get free boosters and play paper magic! And you'll get some extra DotP stuff as well.

As for the game my first experience is actually quite good. It looks good and it seems to teach you magic in a certain way which is good. For example the first challenges are not challenges at all. It will tell you how certain ability works and all you need to do is apply it.

I got stuck with Tezzeret and his Machinations (?) deck. He showed me turn two Etherium Sculptor. On turn three he showed me another one and then played Snapsail Glider TWICE! He got metalcraft and that was probably all he needed. I tried to attack with some red creature but that died to Go For The Throat. When I tried casting another creature he cast Undermine which resulted in me having 2 points of life left. In the second game I tried with the same deck it was similar. With the exception that two 6/6 Razorfield Rhinos killed me in the end. So after that I tried Garruk's deck (I don't like green!) and I easily won.

After unlocking the deck I had to play with that so I continued with Tezzeret's deck. I had slight problems with it though as the computer did not want me to have 2 islands untapped even though I could HAVE THEM untapped. I was incapable of playing Stoic Rebuttal twice and when I needed to play it and could I missed the spell on the stack. This happened to me once again but even with the spells that resolved I managed to win. But it was rather disturbing as I almost lost the game and it did not really look well for me. I was struggling with 5 lifes but one attack of 5/5 Furnace Whelp would kill me. Hopefully I got more flyers later on and could attack. Not to mention that I managed to search for a land and not take it^_^.

That's it for the time being...I'm still a bit confused with those blocking/not blocking creatures (I managed to use certain abilities when I did not want to...) and also I manage to skip post combat main phase sometimes. But I think that I just need to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment