ad

Sunday, April 11, 2010

NQ pilsen

I tried another qualifiers with my mono white deck and it did not go well that much. My final result for this tournament is 3:4 and it even seemed that I would end up with 2:5...hopefully it did not happen, otherwise I have no idea what I would be doing by now.

In the first round I played against UWR which did not manage to do much except few counters and it did not even manage to draw day of judgment.

In the second round I played against another player from Prague. He played Jund this time and it was a nice build with Traces of Abundance, basilisk collar and goblin ruinblasters main deck. I lost the first game and in the second game I could have most probably won if I would be capable of counting the damages right. Ok, probably next time.^^ *facepalm* Here I found out that life gain is a good thing against Jund when things go awry. So in the next rounds I tried gaining as much life during the game as I could.

Third round was once again against Jund. My protection guys managed to win the game. In the fourth round I lost to a different Jund though. It just happened somehow and I couldn't do much. I kept a hand with Steppe Lynx, Steppe Lynx, Firewalker and White Knight. I played one more creature in between and I saw 4 lightning bolts and later a pulse targeting firewalker. Just cool. I don't know if this was better 'death' than blightnings. In the first game I would have won if my creatures wouldn't get pulsed from cascade. blast->elf->pulse we all love to see that.

In the fifth round I hoped to win. I encountered another good match up - Vampires. They were splashing red for bolts and blightnings and that's what killed me (4x blightning in 2 games). I was forced to discard Pledges and a Baneslayer Angel. Otherwise the game would be impossible to solve for the opponent. But it seems that I die to blightning too easily. I have to solve this problem somehow.

2:3 and I wasn't happy about it. Sixth round I hoped for something easy and I got Eldrazi Green! I would be glad to play against it with UW but with WW I knew that my only saving grace would be Day of Judgment and then some Pledge with Honor/Ajani. My life gain was enormous and I killed about 4 planeswalkers in that game but two Eldrazi monuments awaited me decided the game. Two attacks with it and I died. In the second game I did not draw DoJ nor anything else that would help me much (even a creature would be nice^^).

2:4 and I felt really bad. One more game could get me the score of 3:4 and I wouldn't feel that bad. 2:5 would be outrageous though.

My last match? Boss Naya. I had no idea how Boss Naya managed to have 2:3 score.
I decided to use the very same strategy and side in as for Eldrazi. I lost the first game even though my life gain would let me play for maybe 30 minutes more and than I would die to Baneslayer with sledge^^. I gave up (already after a long time, I should have given up much earlier. But I thought I had no chance in winning this match). I sided all I could against Boss Naya + celestial purges for Ravine or Ajani (or some bothersome Bloodbraid Elf). I kept a hand with 3 lands, honor and day of judgment. It proved to be a good hand. After second DoJ I managed to kill my opponent with pledge and honor. In the third game we got stuck for quite some time. DoJ did not seem to be willing to come but I was trying hard to survive with life gain. It seemed that one Wild Nacatl would kill me. Ranger fetched for 2 soul wardens and I played two pledges later. I also had two honors and Ajani (that died to lightning bolt). Even with these 'mega big' soldiers I had difficulties as I had to block a big knight of the reliquary with behemoth sledge and I wanted to get rid of it. All my creatures died in the process and it was time to draw something that would keep me alive because Birds of Paradise + sledge + 3 hierarchs is not good for me. I used my last card on Raging Ravine attacking for 9. Then finally!!! I drew Baneslayer Angel, Baneslayer Angel and Conqueror's Pledge. That's when the round ended and I had three turns to kill my opponent. I managed that hopefully.

Final result 3:4. It seems that I'm getting worse and worse in Magic^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment