ad

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Guitar Hero National Tournament


One day I was contacted by one person who asked me if I ever played Guitar Hero (and he already knew that the answer was yes). I asked him why and he said that he would need some players who would enter WCG Qualifier tournament. I accepted even though that I haven't touched the game since a bet/challenge I accepted in May.

The finals of the tournament were held this Saturday at ElectroWorld Cerny Most in Prague. I did not arrive on time, but it did not really matter as organizators managed to forgot (or what?) the GH3 DVD so we had to wait for quite a long time till the tournament actually began.

What surprised me was...well there were some passerbys which would be normal. But some of them were calling us idiots and retards behind our backs. I understand that playing Guitar Hero can be considered lame or even worse and I wouldn't really mind about being called like this. But when these people just decided to pass by in between the screen and us (the players) I found this atrocious. I don't know ... at least a bit of respect for the players could have been there. They could have waited or could have found another way to get past us. Or at least they could have shown at least a bit of politeness.

The fact that there were people taking photos with flash during the tournament I consider normal. You can be telling people to never use flash while people are trying to play but no one listens...happens all the time.

Also the winner of the tournament came there just to win. He learned the songs that we would play in the tournament, especially TTFAF and One. He is not that good as me or QuiT but still wanted to win. I don't consider this fair but people like this exist and I don't want to stand in their way and well I just don't get it. Always there have to be people like...-_-

Anyway what I enjoyed was my round against QuiT. He chose Raining Blood so he could beat me but somehow I managed to get a really nice score on that one. I decided to ignore the beginning and keep combo on the rest of the song which worked well for me as I got 4x for a long time and this in the end resulted in me winning on this song. The second played was 3s and 7s which I completely messed up but I think even without messing the song up I would lose. The last song played was TTFAF to decide who would win. I was winning all the time till the last minute where my concentration was nowhere to be found. I couldn't concentrate on the notes nor the song. After confirming the last freeze I realized saw that the difference in score is less than 1000 big. Too bad that it was me who lost by less than 1000 points. It was nice match though.

No comments:

Post a Comment